Interview with Richard Nedomlel (Download)
It’s been quite a week for several Swift Current Broncos players off the ice. Three key players from their 2012-13 roster have been given opportunities to prove themselves in different ways. Richard Nedomlel has signed a three-year entry-level NHL contract with the Detroit Red Wings, Adam Lowry signed an amateur tryout agreement with the AHL’s St. John’s IceCaps so he can get into some AHL games while still working on his entry-level deal and Dillon Heatherington has been invited to Canada’s U18 camp. For each player the opportunities are reflections of how much they have improved at the WHL level and how much promise they show.
- Click here for our story on Nedomlel
- Click here for our story on Heatherington
- Click here for our story on Lowry
- Click here for our story on Lowry/Scarlett likely moving on
- Click here for our story on Bronco prospects at Telus regionals
- Click here for our story on Blazers forward Kale Kessy
- Click here for our story on Rockets forward Colton Heffley and the southwest connection to the Kelowna/Kamloops series
While we all certainly wish guys like Lowry, Nedomlel and Heatherington were still on the ice with the Broncos, it’s great to see them get recognized at the professional and international levels. These are just more signs of how the organization is trending in the right direction. If you keep developing talent that the pros and Hockey Canada want on their teams… success is bound to follow. The young guys participating in Telus Midget regionals could be that next crop.
Best of luck to Lowry and Nedomlel as they start their pro journeys. They have been great soldiers for the Broncos and deserve every success. Also best of luck to Heatherington at the U18 camp… he has been unfairly overlooked so many times in the last two seasons it’s about time he started getting the respect he deserves. Don Hay will love coaching him.
Have a great weekend!