The Swift Current Broncos made sure to get their top pick from the recent WHL Bantam Draft signed last week as they announced the inking of Logan Barlage. I had a chance to chat with Assistant GM Jamie Porter on that and the status of some others on the list…
Broncos AGM Jamie Porter:
There was a lot of other news to report for the team as well…
- WHL Pre-Season schedule and rule changes
- Broncos Alumni Tournament making changes
- Dillon Heatherington helped Lake Erie win a Calder Cup
- Graham Black was traded from New Jersey to Florida
- Taylor Vause signed with the Vienna Capitals
- Landon Bow signs AHL deal with Stars
- Justin Dowling re-ups with the Stars
- Bryan Trottier did a retrospective interview with the WHL.ca
- The Broncos inducted Sheldon Kennedy in their Hall of Fame
At the same time all of this was going on I was changing jobs (back to the radio station in sales) and getting married. It’s been busy! Apologies for not getting more of that on the blog, but you can generally catch my updates and reports on Swift Current Online and/or on my twitter account. Hopefully I’m able to keep the blog up a little better the rest of the summer. I am going away to Ottawa for a second reception in early July. The next big dates for Broncos news are the NHL Entry Draft with guys like Lajoie, Steenbergen, Pederson and others as possible picks. The CHL Import Draft is on June 28th and that could be a big one for the Broncos if they can add the right piece to a team with a lot of returning guys that needs some offensive help.
Hopefully if any other big news breaks I’ll be around to stay on top of it instead of on holidays… but it never stops in hockey! Someone at Swift Current Online will have it covered for you.